Our Research Team
Kristen Janky, Au.D., Ph.D., Director of the Vestibular and Balance Research Laboratory
Kristen splits her time between seeing patients in the vestibular clinic and related research activities. Her overall research focus is on the clinical assessment of dizziness and balance disorders in patients of all ages, with a particular emphasis on vestibular assessment and management in the pediatric population. She received her PhD from the University of Nebraska in 2009, followed by a postdoctoral fellowship at Johns Hopkins University from 2010 – 2011.
Jessie Patterson, Au.D., Ph.D., Senior Audiology Research Associate
Jessie spends half the week performing diagnostic vestibular and audiology services for patients across the lifespan. She spends her remaining time in research activities within the Vestibular and Balance Research Laboratory. She received her Au.D. and Ph.D. from the University of Nebraska in 2014 and 2016, respectively.
- Gabrielle Merchant, Au.D., Ph.D., Translational Auditory Physiology and Perception Laboratory
- Yesha Lundberg, Ph.D., Vestibular Genetics Laboratory
- Amanda Rodriguez, Ph.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Julie Honaker, Ph.D., Cleveland Clinic
- Jennifer Braswell Christy, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- American Balance Society
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech Language Hearing Association
- The Bárány Society