Spectral Ripple Detection in Children with and without Hearing Loss
In this study, we ask the following questions:
- How do children with hearing aids hear complex sounds that are similar to the sounds of speech?
- Is how they hear complex sounds different than children with typical hearing?
- Can how they hear these sounds help us predict a child's communication development?
This study is funded by a Centers for Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) grant.
Daily Hearing Aid and Language Use in Spanish/English Bilingual Children who are Hard of Hearing
In this study, we ask these two questions:
- What is the home language environment of Spanish/English bilingual children who use hearing aids like?
- How does hearing aid use impact the child's access to both English and Spanish in the home?
This study is funded via a DEI initiative at Boys Town National Research Hospital.