Human Subjects Core Services
Karla McGregor, Ph.D., is director of the Human Subjects Core at Boys Town National Research Hospital. The core’s mission is to provide centralized services and expertise in clinical measurement, recruitment, and compliance to Boys Town investigators as well as our associates at other institutions.
Clinical measurement services include:
- Consultation on selection of measures and development of clinical protocols based on study aims
- Administration and interpretation of measures for:
- Audiologic status and hearing aid/cochlear implant function
- Speech and language abilities
- Cognition (attention, memory, problem-solving skills)
Human subjects recruitment and compliance services include:
- Community outreach activities aimed at engaging a diverse representation of research participants.
- Quality assurance training, audits and reporting to ensure compliance with IRB and regulatory requirements.
Meet Our Human Subjects Core Staff
Funding for the Human Subjects Core comes from a Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) grant from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) under award number P20GM109023.