Word Learning Study
For Preschool & Kindergarten Age Children
What is the purpose of our study?
Researchers in the Language Learning and Memory Laboratory are studying word learning in preschool and kindergarten age children who struggle in school or demonstrate a language delay.
Children receive $5-$15 per session with a total probable compensation of $45-$90. Parents can receive a summary of the child's scores upon request.
Who can participate?
- Children who are 4-, 5-, and 6-years-old.
- Children who primarily speak English.
- Children with langugage delay
- Children with typical language development
If you are unsure if your child qualifies, please call us. We are happy to answer any questions.
What is participation like?
We come to you! Visits can take place at Boys Town Hospital, at a public space like the public library, or the child's home. Parents can decide where to meet.
- The study involves 5-10 visits during 1 month.
- Each visit will last about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Children will participate in word learning games. They will complete a hearing screening. They will complete standardized tests that will assess language abilities and IQ.
Sign Up to Participate
(531) 355-5006 or fill out the form below: