EIPA Conference Technical Questions and Answers
Q: How do I connect to join the conference?
A: Please follow these instructions to join:
- Open your browser and go to
- Enter your email address and password, then click the “Login" button on the login page. If you've forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot your password?" link located on the login screen (just below the “Login" button). You will be directed to a “Reset your password" page.
- After successfully logging in, the screen will display the “Products” that you’ve purchased. You should see the virtual workshop conference that you’ve purchased. If you can’t find your “Products” page, click on the “Products” link located in the upper-right near your initials.
- Click on the virtual workshop name, then click the blue “Watch on Zoom” button located just to the right of the workshop name. You will be directed to the Zoom session.
- On the “ZOOM" page, click on the option of “Open zoom.us" (see screen below).
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have the Zoom client installed, the meeting may open automatically.
NOTE: (MAC/APPLE) First time Zoom users on Apple computers may have to give Zoom access privileges. Click “OK” or “Allow” to give Zoom access.
- Click “Join with Video" to connect video from your webcam or computer.
- Click “Join with Computer Audio" to connect your audio.
You should now be joined into the conference! Prior to the start of the conference, you will see useful information continually displayed until the conference begins. Note: If you prefer to enable captions, click on the “Closed Caption" option located at the bottom of your screen then choose “Show Subtitle".
Q: How do I update my Zoom client to the latest version?
A: It is always good to stay current with the latest Zoom version. Please download and install the latest Zoom client from the Zoom support site located
Q: What do I do if my connection drops?
A: If you've lost connection to the conference, make sure you have internet access then click on
https://eipa.boystown.org/login again and follow the join conference instructions above.
Q: What if my video is poor or “freezing".
A: Check your internet connection. If you have other devices in your location that may be consuming internet bandwidth, shut them down to get the best possible connection.
Q: What if I'm unable to hear audio in the conference?
A: Be sure you are “joined with audio" and your computer sound is turned up. You can check your Zoom audio connection by clicking the arrow ^ on your microphone icon in the lower left of your Zoom screen. Please keep in mind that in some virtual conferences the presenter(s) communicate using ASL only and therefore there will be no audio.
Q: What browsers are support for the conference?
A: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, and Microsoft Edge.
Q: Do I need to install Zoom to attend the conference?
A: When joining the conference, Zoom will create a temporary installation on your computer.
Q: Do I need to sign in with a username and password?
A: Yes, you will need to login at
Q: What if I forgot my password?
A: Go to the login page here:https://eipa.boystown.org/login and click the “Forgot your password?" link located below the blue “Login" button and you will be directed to a “Reset your password" page.
Q: My question is not included on this page, so how do I get the help I need?
A: Please email your question to us at EIPAtechsupport@boystown.org.