EIPA Video Conference Series
The EIPA Diagnostic Center is excited to offer four video conference workshops for the 2020-2021 academic year. The workshops are designed for interpreters working in K-12 classroom settings, community interpreters with an interest in educational interpreting or supporting educational interpreters, future interpreters, K-12 interpreter mentors, deaf educators, and individuals supervising or working with educational interpreters.
Video Conference Costs:
- This workshop series is offered as a package or as individual workshops.
- The cost is $4,800 for the series of four video conferences for up to five sites.
- Video conferences can be purchased individually at a cost of $1,200 for up to five sites.
- Additional sites can be added for a fee of $175 for each site. Call for pricing if you need to add more than eight additional sites.
- There is an additional connection fee of $225 per zoom site.
- All technical fees will be billed by Boys Town National Research Hospital following each workshop.
Participating States/Location Requirements
Each state will handle all of their own reservations at designated sites in their state. Each site MUST have a qualified/trained person on site during the video conference to do the following:
- Turn on the video conferencing unit, TV/projector and have a person that can handle the connection with the video bridge.
- MUTE and UNMUTE the microphone, adjust the volume on the video conferencing unit.
- Switch cameras, if there is more than one camera in the room.
Mandatory Test Call Dates
Each site MUST participate in a coordinated video zoom call before each scheduled live broadcast. Sites that do not participate may not be allowed to participate on the day of the actual broadcast. Specifics in regard to this test run will be communicated via an email message from Eve Quiah of Boys Town National Research Hospital.
Each participating state will receive handouts in electronic format for dissemination to participants.
For more information on EIPA and upcoming workshop dates, please contact: