When is it Time to See an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Specialist?
If you've been dealing with a chronic problem, something that always comes back, gets worse over time or never fully goes away, it might be time to see an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist.
Chronic illness or problems that require an ENT include:
- Reoccurring ear infections – four or more per year or resulting in speech delay or perforated ear drum
- Ear infections that require multiple antibiotics to clear
- Reoccurring tonsillitis or strep throat
- Reoccurring sinus infections or nasal congestion
- Sleep apnea
- Adenoid diseases
- Chronic nose bleeds
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Thyroid disease
- Dizziness or balance issues
Of course, this isn't an exhaustive list of reasons to see an ENT. If you suffer from any type of hearing disorder, speech disorder, swallowing disorder or cleft lip or palate issues, you should be visiting with an ENT.
And you can stay close to home while doing that because Boys Town Ear, Nose and Throat services are provided at four metro locations to meet your needs. Our board-certified otolaryngologists (ENTs) treat problems ranging from chronic ear, nose and throat illnesses to complex head and neck disorders needing specialized surgical care.
Call Boys Town Ear, Nose and Throat at 531-355-6800 to request an appointment or fill out the form below. Remember, our ENT clinics treat both pediatric
and adult patients! Virtual visit appointments are also available.