“As a life-long Nebraskan, I’ve been fortunate to have spent my entire career working as a Pediatric Surgeon in Omaha, caring for the children in Omaha and the Heartland,” Dr. Raynor said. He is a board certified in Pediatric and General Surgery. “My special interests are in chest wall defects, Hirschsprung disease and congenital anomalies.” He joined Boys Town Hospital in 2019.
Born and educated in Omaha, he attended the University of Nebraska at Lincoln as an undergraduate, moving on to the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) for medical school. Dr. Raynor’s post graduate work took him away from the Heartland for a short time. “I spent a year at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island studying Internal Medicine, then returned to Omaha for my surgical training once again at UNMC. My Pediatric Surgery training followed at Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City.” In 1989, Dr. Raynor began a private practice in Pediatric Surgery, leading an expanding team of Pediatric Surgeons.
“I have had the good fortune to work with quality partners with a wide range of sub-specializations in Pediatric Surgery and varied academic interests,” he said.
- Medical Degree, University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Residency, General Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Residency, Pediatric, General and Thoracic Surgery, Children’s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons