Sleep Disorders Center
The sleep specialists at Boys Town Sleep Disorders Center evaluate children ages 3 to 18 and adults, by conducting an overnight polysomnography to determine the course of treatment for conditions such as:
- Tonsillar hypertrophy
- Respiratory problems
- Parasomnias (sleep walking or talking)
- Sleep behavior issues
- Sleep apnea
- Head banging or body rocking
For children's studies at the hospital, a parent must stay the night. A separate room is offered for the parent, alternatively If the parent wishes to stay in the same room with the child, comfortable sleeping arrangements are available.
Adult sleep studies may be conducted in your own home with our Home Sleep Tests or in a comfortable setting at the hospital. Your doctor or provider will determine the best test for you based on the assessments needed.
Home Sleep Tests
The home sleep test is a reliable and cost-effective way to test your breathing patterns while you sleep in the comfort of your own bed. A doctor or provider must order the test. Patients wear a portable monitor overnight that records their breathing. The monitor is then returned to the hospital to be analyzed by a sleep specialist.
Services within the Sleep Medicine Program
- Pediatric polysomnography
- Extended montage EEG
- Multiple Sleep Latency Testing (MSLT)
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Testing (MWT)
- Enuresis monitoring
- CPAP/BiPAP therapy
- Outpatient evaluation and treatment
- Neurological consultations
- Sleep related behavioral consultation and treatment
- Home sleep tests
To arrange a sleep study for your patient, please contact Boys Town Out Patient Diagnostic Services at
(531) 355-6737, Monday – Friday between 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. For more information, contact the Boys Town Sleep Disorders Center at
(531) 355-6895. Sleep studies are performed Sunday - Friday.
Sleep Study Checklist for Children
Sleep Study Checklist for Adults