Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
When children need immediate, critical care, you can trust the experienced intensive care team at Boys Town National Research Hospital. Our unit is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Led by pediatric intensivists and hospitalists, our multi-disciplinary team includes advanced practice providers (PAs/APRNs), pediatric nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, dietitians, social workers and child life specialists.
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) staffed by pediatric intensivists
- Inpatient Care Unit staffed by pediatric hospitalists
- Inpatient and outpatient surgical services
- Over 20 pediatric specialty care clinics
- 6 Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) suites
Trust Us to Be An Extension of Your Care.
Boys Town Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and Inpatient Care Unit provide treatment and care for children with:
- Bronchiolitis with respiratory distress/failure requiring non-invasive or invasive mechanical ventilation
- Pneumonia with respiratory compromise
- Status asthmaticus; asthma
- Ingestion including those requiring endotracheal intubation
- Status epilepticus including those that get intubated after benzodiazepines
(Hidden) Catalog-Item Reuse