What is a Virtual Visit?
Virtual visits, also known as telehealth, are similar to clinic visits, except the patient and provider visit online, through a live internet connection, instead of at the clinic. Patients will need an internet accessible smart phone, tablet or computer with audio and video capability.
Not all services offer virtual visits and some visits must still be completed in clinic. Our medical staff will help determine if a virtual visit is the best option for your care.
How Do I Schedule a Visit?
Virtual visits are scheduled just like clinic visits. Contact your doctor's office by calling the clinic or submitting a visit request on the website. If you request a virtual visit, the nurse will contact you to schedule the appointment and help you with any set up needed for an online visit. Please know that some visits require an in-person visit. The nurse will work with the patient to determine if a virtual visit or clinic visit is most appropriate.
What Services Are Offered?
We offer primary pediatric and internal medicine sick appointments, chronic care follow-up, medication checks and several specialty clinics. Virtual visits are available for:
- Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- Behavioral Health
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Internal Medicine
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric General & Thoracic Surgery
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Rheumatology
- Pediatric Speech-Language Therapy
- Same Day Pediatrics
Request a Virtual Visit
Fill out the form located on this page or call
(531) 355-1234 to request a virtual visit appointment.
Prepare for your Virtual Visit
Find appointment confirmation email:
For your appointment, your physician or provider will be available virtually via Cisco Webex Meetings. You should have received an email with the information that you will need to connect to your visit.
If you are unable to find an email in your inbox with the subject "Boys Town TeleHealth Appt", please check your spam folder. If the email does not exist in either folders, please contact
(531) 355-6540 prior to the start of your visit.
Set up and test your device:
- A tablet or mobile device is preferred for your visit. Please ensure your tablet or smartphone has the Cisco Webex Meetings app downloaded & installed.
- If you prefer to use your home computer, you will need to ensure you have a working webcam and microphone.
- Ensure your device has a working Internet connection – WIFI or wireless access is required.
- Set the microphone and audio volume at a level where the provider or clinician can hear you clearly.
- Click to
test a Webex video meeting prior to your appointment.
Identify a dedicated location:
- Choose a location with adequate lighting where you will be physically comfortable sitting and speaking with your provider or clinician.
- Avoid having a window or other bright light directly behind you so our providers can see your face.
- Position your tablet or mobile device so that the provider or clinician will have a clear view of you and your facial expressions.
- Please try to minimize distractions and ensure there is no background noise during your visit.
Start your visit
Please plan to connect 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Use the green “Join meeting" button provided in the appointment confirmation email you received to start your visit.
If you are in need of support when trying to connect to your virtual visit:
- Find appointment confirmation email. The Subject should begin with “Boys Town TeleHealth Appt." If you don't see this in your inbox, try looking in the spam folder.
- Make sure you have a WIFI connection.
- Make sure you have downloaded and opened the Webex Meetings app.
If you are still having problems, please call