Mother and Infant Study
Boys Town National Research Hospital is conducting a large study with pregnant women and new mothers. If you are pregnant, or have a child 4 years old or younger, we would like to hear more about your experiences. The goal is to learn more about infant development, particularly how the brain develops.
- Participants must be at least 14 years old and be pregnant or have a child 4 years old or younger.
This study is funded by a grant from the National Institutes of Health.
What to Expect
Phone Interview Study
The first portion of the study involves a 1/2 hour phone interview.
- The interview asks you about your health and behavior during your last pregnancy.
- You'll get $15 for this part of the study.
- Participation may lead to an invitation to do the second part of the study (the Neuroimaging Study described below).
After the Phone Interview Study, we may invite you to participate in the Neuroimaging Study. This part of the study may include a prenatal ultrasound, a noninvasive MRI brain scan and hearing assessments for your child. The MRI does not use x-ray radiation and is completely safe for children.
- We may invite you for 2 to 4 visits. Total participation time is about 7 hours.
- We will pay you up to $200 for your valuable time.
- We can work around your busy schedule.
- Travel compensation is provided.
- You don't need your own car. If you are in the Omaha area, we can arrange Uber travel to our facility for free.
To sign up or for more information, fill out the form below or call us at
(531) 355-1220 or email us at