Boys Town National Research Hospital offers two 12-month full-time 4th Year AuD Externship positions. Students accepted into this externship position can expect in-depth experiences in diagnostic audiology for pediatrics through adults, adult and pediatric amplification, evoked potentials, vestibular evaluation and treatment, cochlear implant evaluation and mapping, as well as universal newborn hearing screening.
The following is a summary of the program details:
- Initial contact with Boys Town Hospital should come from a designated university official on behalf of interested students. All negotiations will occur between the university and Boys Town Hospital.
- Following initial contacts, applications will be accepted during the fall of each year for placement in June of the following year. Applications must be received by October 1st.
- Applications must include a letter of interest from the student, a resume and three letters of recommendation from clinical faculty. Two of the letters must be from clinical faculty who have directly supervised the student. Letters of recommendation can be sent via email, fax or US mail. Transcripts are not required.
- The 4th year externship will be a 12-month placement beginning June 1st.
- Students will receive a monthly stipend. Students will be expected to have health and liability insurance through their university and will receive no medical, dental or liability benefits from Boys Town Hospital.
- Prior to beginning a placement, a letter of agreement between Boys Town Hospital and the university will be completed.
Further information is available on the American of Audiology’s Registry of Clinical Extern Sites at: www.audiology.org/education/academia/externship/registry/ExternshipRegistration.aspx or upon request.
For more information, email Nancy Johnson, Audiology Administrative Assistant, Nancy.Johnson@boystown.org or FAX at 402-452-5015.