- B.A., Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, University of Northern Colorado, 1994
- M.A., Audiology, University of Northern Colorado, 1996
- Clinical Fellow, Audiology, Boys Town National Research Hospital, 1996-97
- American Speech-Language and Hearing Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- Nebraska Speech-Language and Hearing Association
Areas of Expertise/Interest:
- Pediatric Audiology
- Amplification for young children
- Auditory neuropathy/dys-synchrony
Gorga, M.P., Preissler, K., Simmons, J., Walker, L., & Hoover, B. (2001). Some issues relevant to establishing a universal newborn hearing screening program. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology. 12, 101-112.
Simmons, J. L., & Beauchaine, K. L. (2000). Auditory neuropathy: A case study with hyperbilirubinemia. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 11, 337-347.
Piskorski, P., Keefe, D. H., Simmons, J. L., & Gorga, M. P. (1999). Prediction of conductive hearing loss based on acoustic ear-canal response using discriminant analysis and decision theory. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. 105 , 1749-1764.
Keefe, D.H. & Simmons, J.L (2003). Energy transmittance predicts conductive hearing loss in older children and adults. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 114, 3217-3238.
Simmons, J., Beauchaine, K.L., & Eiten, L.R. (2007). Hearing instrument fitting for infants and young children. In R. S. Ackley, T. N. Decker, and C.J. Limb (Eds.), The essential guide to hearing and balance disorders (pp. 217-47). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.