The center provides a state-of-the-art conference/education facility with interactive and remote video-conferencing capabilities. The goal of the center is to promote professional collaboration, provide distance learning opportunities, and implement telehealth programs for families in distant locations. The program staff includes professional videographers and information technology specialists who manage the equipment and broadcast capabilities of the facilities.
The center offers:
- Access to interactive parent support groups for families in underserved and rural setting
- Guidance to families of newly identified deaf and hard of hearing infants on the causes of hearing loss, the use of hearing aids, communication development and parenting skills
- In-service education for pediatricians, family practice physicians and nurses on newborn hearing screening and early identification of hearing loss
- Training modules for education for educational interpreters
- Workshops for audiologists, teachers and speech language pathologists on hearing aids, cochlear implants and FM technology