Boys Town National Research Hospital in Omaha, NE announces the Pediatric Audiology Conference: Applications of Evoked Potentials on August 2, 2013. This conference for Audiologists and Hearing Aid Dispensers will explore current issues related to hearing loss in children throughout the continuum of care. Topics covered will address the clinical application of Otoacoustic Emissions and Auditory Brainstem Response testing as well as pediatric case management.
An additional opportunity for detailed hands-on ABR practice and case management is available on August 3, 2013.
The Pediatric Audiology Conference will be held in the Lied Learning and Technology Center on the Boys Town National Research Hospital East Medical Campus, 425 N 30th St. Omaha, NE 68131. Sign in will begin at 7:30 a.m. on Friday, August 2, 2013.
Upon completion of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Describe influences on DPOAE testing in the clinic
- Review current ABR protocols
- Describe steps in fitting amplification for pediatric patients
- Identify treatment options for patients with Auditory Neuropathy/Dys-synchrony Spectrum Disorder
- Utilize current technology to administer Auditory Brainstem Response testing for pediatric patients*
*this objective applies to those attending Saturday’s hands-on session
Online registration will be available May 2013.